Chakras are the reservoirs of Kundalini i.e. sacred Healing energy. There are 7 Chakras in our body. They are said to be rotating disks of energy which serves as the meeting point of matter & consciousness.
These Chakras control our physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual state of being. It is essential for our overall health & happiness, that the Chakras stay open & aligned.
If there are any blockages or if the Chakras are of sync, the energy cannot flow & there will be imbalances and disturbances in the mind & the body.
Anahata Chakra is the 4th Chakra. It is also called as the Heart Chakra because of its close proximity to the heart. It is located in the spine, at the centre of the chest, it has 3 Body Chakras located below it & 3 Mind Chakras located above it. Anahata Chakra does the vital function of balancing the body and the mind. It is said to balance the real with the ideal as well as emotion with logic. Anahata Chakra is associated with compassion, inner joy and unconditional love. It is considered to be a treasure chest of delightful feelings & experiences.
When the Heart Chakra is balanced and aligned you will feel inner peace, radiate calmness, empathize with others and won’t be afraid to show or feel your emotions fully. You will understand your emotions on a cognitive level. Anahata Chakra is the center through which we experience beauty in all things. But when there is a blockage in the Anahata Chakra, you will struggle to relate with people, you will be scared to open up and be constantly engulfed in the fear that people will hurt you. You will start developing trust issues. You will not be able to forgive easily and hold grudges.
An imbalance in this Chakra will not allow you to build strong & healthy relationships. There can also be physical ailments such as bronchitis, chest pains, issues in blood circulation, arm & shoulder problems, high blood pressure, immune system problems and others. Therefore, it is extremely essential to balance and heal the Heart Chakra.
Here is a simple Heart Chakra meditation you can inculcate in your daily routine to get rid of any blockages:
- Find a comfortable spot where you are unlikely to be disturbed.
- Take a few deep breaths, inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth and feel your whole body relaxing as you do this.
- Imagine you are drawing up green energy from the base of the spine towards your heart.
- Now picturize that green energy solidifying into a bright green ball sitting at the Heart Chakra. As you continue with inhalation & exhalation, visualize the ball becoming brighter & bigger.
- As you do the above, tune into feelings of love that you have inside you for yourself and others, let the green energy flow through your whole body and radiate outside. Continue this meditation for 3-5 minutes.
- Start dance in gratitude and share your love with theexistence
- Lie down
You can also use simple affirmations to help ward off blockages of the Heart Chakra such as:
I choose joy and compassion
I am open to love and receive more of it everyday
My heart if free from past wounds.
I forgive others and forgive myself.
The Anahata Chakra is the Unifying Chakra, our source of love and connection. It is very important to keep it open and balanced for a harmonious mind, body & spirit. If you are struggling with Inner Peace, you now know what is out of balance! Hope this blog helps you deal with it. If you need more assistance or knowledge, get in touch with me.