We live in the 21st century, and even today, sex continues to be a taboo subject. Numerous misperceptions around all types of sexuality exists in various individuals and places, and not many have even thought about how conceivable it is that sexuality can be utilized to enhance spiritual growth.
“Sexuality can be a vehicle into spirituality rather than a deterrent to it”
Sex is forbidden or wrong; this is the biggest misconception. We feel guilty or embarrassed at the thought of it. But, you shouldn’t be. Sex is incredible, brilliant, astonishing, regular, wild and wonderful. As I would see it, with consenting humans and inside the domains of the two individuals’ limits, sex ought to happen openly.
Sex is the inception of life. Without the sexual act, none of us would even exist. Sex is sacred because of the role it plays in bonding. Sexual encounters that are mutually satisfying naturally intensify bonding, but the act can take place without bonding if we’re careful to keep our hearts closed. The Tantric attitudes of slowing down, awakening all of the senses, tuning in to subtle energy, letting go of judgment and blame, expressing gratitude for the gift of life, and enjoying the present minute are magnificently strong devices for close relating. To share a bond with someone is to form an enduring connection where you experience a strong sense of mutual caring, intimacy, and appreciation. Bonding fulfils our need to belong and can occur without sex whenever a powerful shared experience creates a feeling of kinship.
Sex is sacred because of its role in obtaining peak experiences of affection, unity, and healing. We have an intrinsic requirement for peak experiences of bliss, euphoria, and ecstasy. We have a profound yearning for the association of sex and soul, for union with the Divine. When we enter the realms of consciousness through sex we approve our instinctive sense that sex can be adored and that love can be sensual.
Here’s an easy exercise that can help create the sexual energy required to make sex sacred. Follow the steps below:
- When you have created a beautiful setting with your significant other, sit across them.
- Start taking deep breaths while looking into your partner’s eyes.
- When you have both become relaxed, you will place your right hand on your partner’s heart and then place your left hand over your partner’s hand and close your eyes.
- Proceed with your casual breaths and start imagining a warm sun that starts at your heart and afterwards grows to include both you and your accomplice’s bodies. When you feel this glow encompassing you both, place your hands on your lap and open your eyes.
- Once you feel this warmth surrounding you both, place your hands on your lap and open your eyes.
- Start saying a few expressions to your accomplice, for instance, “May you generally be glad,” at that point have your accomplice rehash your expressions.
- Begin breathing profoundly for a moment or two and hold each other afterwards.
- Now slowly-slowly enter into divine love making.
This is aritual to start creating sexual energy and more mindful loving between you and your partner. This will help you and your partner to understand each other’s feelings. You will end up mindful of nuances the more you practice this exercise. More the mindful you become of your partners’ needs, more sacred the sex will be. I hope the exercise can help you become more mindful of your partners’ feelings and you can reciprocate them as it is time we considered sex to be the sacred act it is: the one that unites us to the forces of creation, demonstrating to us the miracle of it.